Sunday, March 20, 2011

Language is a better way to comunicate

We communicate to each other by language, but if the language we speak is different it will be a little difficult
to understand it.

I was born in the Dominican republic, the first language i learned was Spanish, i went to middle school and i was successful with the language and other classes,finally i got to high school where it was one of the most important parts of my student life. I graduated from high school when i was 17 years old and i was ready to go to college,but plans changed for me and my life. In those days i received the notice that i was going to go to the United States, the first thing i thought about was school and English, because i wanted to study out of my country but i had to learn English.

When i first got to the United States, New York, i felt so worried about the language i didn't know, and it was really hard for me to speak something i had no idea how to do. I started learning in Richmond Hill high school,because i had to make two more years in the new country i was going to live in. I was leaning little by little ,doing my homework and trying the best i could to speak and write better. I finally graduated again from Richmond hill high school and decided to go to La Guardia community college, where im planning to improve my journal and my skills.


I think La Guardia college has really good teachers that are going to help us as students and help other people who need to improve their skills. Im actually taking esl classes to learn how to use the academic english,what is good for me and for my development as a professional that I want to be.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are on your way to a college degree soon! After a few academic writing ESL classes, you will be able to continue with English composition courses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really nice for you.I think you keep try in English.LAGCC is the best way to learn English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep up on you learning u can do better

    ReplyDelete
  4. U will improve your English in our class, i know u smart just keep up and you will be able to complete all ESL classes

    ReplyDelete